EFFAS Summer School 2018
Over 150 professionals from 20 different nationalities gathered together in the Group Santander Financial City – Head office in Madrid from 4th to 6th July 2018, to attend the conferences of the 11st Edition of the EFFAS Summer School. EFFAS was honoured with the presence of:
- Mr. Antonio Torío, Head of funding, Grupo Santander, Spain.
- Mrs. Ana María Martínez Pina, Vice President of the Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores (CNMV), Spain.
- Prof. Dr. Leef H. Dierks, Professor for Finance and International Capital Markets. Lübeck University of Applied Sciences. Germany.
- Mr. Antonio Cortina, Studies Service Director, Grupo Santander, Madrid. Spain.
- Mr. Salvatore Gnoni, Investor Protection and Intermediaries Team in the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA). France.
- Mr. Lionel Pellicer, Vice President SFAF and Head of Research at Alphavalue. France.
- Mr. Serge Harry, Member of the Executive Committee, London Stock Exchange. England.
- Mr. Bernard Coupez, Member of the Board, Autorité des Marchés Financiers, France.
- Mr. Manuel Puerta, Head of Real Estate Funds in BPI Asset Management, Chairman APAF, EFFAS Board member. Portugal.
- Mr. Frank Klein, Managing Director, DWS, DVFA Board Member, Germany.
- Mr. Andrea Gasperini, Head of Sustainability, AIAF and member of the EFFAS ESG Commission, Italy.
- Mr. Ramon Pueyo, Partner KPMG Sustainability Services. KPMG, Spain.
- Mr. Jillis Herpers, Executive Director, MSCI. United Kingdom.
- Mr. John Turner, CEO, XBRL International. United Kingdom.
- Ms. Muriel Faure, AMF board member, France
- Mr. Aurelio Lonardo, Independent Corporate Finance Adviser. Italy.
- Mr. Stefan Bielmeier, Head of Research and Economics at DZ Bank, Chairman DVFA and EFFAS Board member. Germany
- Mr. Ralf Frank, Secretary General & Managing Director, DVFA. Germany.
- Mr. Julian Kruse, Portfolio Manager, Berenberg Bank, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Dirk Söhnholz, Founder & CEO, Diversifikator GmbH, Germany
- Dr. Damian Borth, Director Deep Learning Competence, German Center for Artificial Intelligence, Germany.
- Mr. Jean Paul Gauzes, EFRAG Board President, European Financial Reporting Advisory Group (EFRAG). Belgium.
- Mr. Richard Howitt, CEO, The International Integrated Reporting Council (IIRC)
- Mr. Amaro Luiz de Oliveira Gomes, Board Member, The International Accounting Standards Board (IASB), United Kingdom.
- Mr. Javier de Frutos, Chairman of the EFFAS Financial Accounting Commission, Spain.
- Mr. Hans Buysse, Partner at Clairfield Benelux. Board Member & Treasurer of EFFAS, Chairman of the Belgian Association of Financial Analysts (ABAF), Belgium.
- Prof. Andreas Hoepner, Professor of Operational Risk, Banking & Finance at University College Dublin (UCD). Ireland.
- Ms. Isabel Batista, EFRAG Senior Technical manager. Belgium.
- Mr. Jorge Yzaguirre Scharfhausen, Chairman, Instituto Español de Analistas Financieros (IEAF), Spain.
Our gratitude to all of them, sponsors, speakers as well as to the participants. Their very positive feedback and extraordinary quality perception of the EFFAS Summer School 2018 is an endorsement for EFFAS to continue with this annual magnum event. We are already looking forward to the 12nd Edition of the EFFAS Summer School next year!
Experiencing the Summer School is a unique opportunity to build up simultaneously knowledge and professional network in a relaxed and casual atmosphere with a first world class pool of lecturers and speakers covering actual and relevant topics for the finance professional.
Dr. Jesús López Zaballos